1928 Minor tourer for sale in Victoria, Australia

This thread is for discussing parts for sale, wanted, or surplus.

Moderators: Ian Grace, Will Grace

Ian Grace
Site Admin

1928 Minor tourer for sale in Victoria, Australia

Post by Ian Grace »

For Sale 1928 Morris Minor tourer, chassis M1019, engine U1082. According to Register records, the earliest known Minor in the Southern Hemisphere.

Dad and I purchased the car about 15 years ago, to be part of our collection at the ‘Morris Minor Garage’ at North Harcourt in Victoria. The car has had very little use since then. It has the original early overhead cam engine, completely rebuilt to the highest standard. I have the history from the previous owner, including an original log book, early photos, correspondence in the early 1960’s with BMC – authenticating its rarity - and photos of the restoration.

The car has had an excellent – no expense spared ‘nut and bolt’ restoration by Clive Carmichael of Castlemaine – some years ago. The car has a fabulous black fabric body, and the panels are hand-painted as per the original finish. (It is so well done – you would think it has been professionally sprayed). I have driven the car many times – and it is a pleasure to drive.

It will be sad to see it go – but I have too many cars and it needs to find an owner that will use and enjoy it. Feel free to call or e-mail any time Richard McKellar, Victoria, Australia 0409 351 508 richardmckellardesign.com.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: 1928 Minor tourer for sale in Victoria, Australia

Post by Ian Grace »

Richard tells me that that is is father in the background.
Ian Grace
Site Admin

Re: 1928 Minor tourer for sale in Victoria, Australia

Post by Ian Grace »

Richard has reduced the price to Au$22k. A bargain at the price.